The Company is committed to being transparent about how it handles your personal information, to protect the privacy and security of your personal information and to meet its data protection obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
N.B. In an event that is managed by a 3rdparty on behalf of DSSL, the 3rdParty’s Policy would replace this policy.
Drive Software Solutions Ltd offer a range of products, including our cloud-based ODO Software as a Service offering, ODO Telematics, ODO mobile Application and DRIVE Fleet Management and Leasing Software via our hosted Data Centre. We refer to these products, together with our other services and websites as “Services” in this policy.
1. What we need
Drive Software Solutions is a Controller of the personal data you provide us.
We collect the following types of personal data from you:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with, through forms and/or email, e.g your name, address, telephone number etc.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, collected by emails we send you and/or if you select to receive email updates on our products and offers.
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on our Website. This information is used to monitor your usage on our Website.
- Data recorded by our Website which allows us to recognise you and your preferred settings, this saves you from re-entering information on return visits to the site. Such data is recorded locally on your computer using cookies. Most browsers can be programmed to reject or warn you before downloading cookies, information regarding this may be found in your browsers ‘help’ facility.
- The information you provide through our support channels
- Payment Information
- Usage data collected by our Mobile Application, which may be collected automatically. This could include, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use and other diagnostic data.
- Pictures and other information from your Device’s camera and photo library while using our Mobile Application.
We collect certain payment and billing information when you register for certain paid Services. For example, we ask you to designate a billing representative, including name and contact information, upon registration. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure third-party payment processing services.
2. Why we need it
We need your personal data to provide you with the following services:
- To provide the Services you have requested
- To communicate with you about our Services
- To market, promote and advance engagement with our Services
- For Customer support
- For research and development to help improve our services
3. What we do with it
Your personal data is processed in the Stevenage Head Office located in the United Kingdom.
Hosting and storage of your data takes place in a variety of locations depending on the type of service which are all located in the European Union.
We share information about you with third parties when you give us consent to do so. For example, we often display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our public websites. With your consent, we may post your name alongside the testimonial.
In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements,
- enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service
- protect the security or integrity of our products and services
4. How long we keep it
Drive Software Solutions Ltd will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. Any personal data held by us for marketing and service update notifications, that you have opted in to, will be kept by us until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
Personal information which is no longer to be retained will be securely and effectively destroyed or permanently erased from our IT systems and we will also require third parties to destroy or erase such personal information where applicable.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal information so that it no longer permits your identification. In this case, we may retain such information for a longer period.
5. What are your rights?
Should you believe that any personal data we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to request to see this information, rectify it or have it deleted.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org the word “GDPR” in the subject line.
If you wish to complain about how we have handled your personal data, please contact our Data Controller Representative at email@example.com or in writing at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London WC2H 9JQ United Kingdom. Our Data Controller Representative will review your complaint and work with you to resolve the matter.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the ICO, the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights, and file a complaint with them.